Invite us to speak! The WRC’s community education and training efforts are to increase public awareness, promote community involvement, and collaborate with partner agencies so we are all working together to implement individual and social change for a violence-free community. We offer trainings on a variety of topics related to sexual and domestic violence. This free service is available to civic groups, community organizations, schools, clubs, universities, faith communities, and any group interested in learning more about domestic and sexual violence.
To request a training or if you have additional questions, please email our Community Engagement Coordinator.
Presentation topics include, but are not limited to:
- An Overview of the WRC’s Mission, Programs, and Services
- Screening for Sexual or Domestic Violence
- Safety Planning
- Developing a Coordinated Community Response
- Sexual and Domestic Violence in Later Life
- Trauma Informed Advocacy
- Recognizing Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Helping Support Victims
- Changing the Conversation about Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
These presentations will be tailored to meet each group’s needs and focus area.