Education & Awareness Trainings
The Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley and its staff envision a community free of domestic violence. As part of that belief, we offer a variety of educational and prevention programs about sexual and domestic violence.
Staff are available to come to you and provide general training or specific training needed for your agency. Staff has provided information to businesses, employers, employees, church groups, civic organizations, schools, universities. All trainings are free.
If organizations or groups want specific training on topics related to the WRC, we have provided that training. Your group can choose trainings and presentations that last anywhere from twenty minutes to several hours. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- WRC Services
- Screening for Sexual or Domestic Violence
- Safety Planning
- Developing a Coordinated Community Response
- Sexual and Domestic Violence later in life
- Trauma Informed Advocacy
- Recognizing Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Helping Support Victims
- Changing the Conversation about Sexual and Domestic Violence
- How Sexual and Domestic Violence relates to your topic of interest
If you are in need of training or information for your particular group, please call (540) 639-9592 or email our Community Engagement Coordinator.