It is important and helpful to be able talk with an unbiased and supportive listener, especially after a traumatic event. Sexual and domestic violence survivors are at high risk of developing Post-Traumatic Stress symptoms and may feel numb or disconnect. Counselors at the Women’s Resource Center are trained to address the needs and concerns of survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking. Counseling is available whether the violence occurred recently or in the pasts. Sessions include:
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning and support
- Educational components of the dynamics and effects of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Sorting out feelings such as confusion, helplessness, fear, and guilt
- A safe place to tell the story and be listened to without judgment or blame
We offer support groups for survivors of sexual and domestic violence as interest allows.
For more information, please contact us at 540.639.9592.
The Women’s Resource Center also offers counseling services for school-aged children and teens who have experienced or witnessed sexual or domestic violence.
These sessions may provide:
- Age-appropriate information about sexual and domestic violence
- Self-esteem building
- Conflict resolution skills
- Skills for building healthy relationships
- Opportunities for youth to share and connect with each other
All counseling services through the Women’s Resource Center are confidential and provided at no cost. For more information, please contact us at 540.639.9592.